Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Lately, I haven't been doing well. I slacked off of tracking my food, eating unhealthy foods, and I wasn't exercising. That's not the way to keep from being 317 lbs again.

I just didn't have the ambition or the energy to do what needed to be done. I could name a bunch of factors and reasons, but would they be true or just excuses? Doesn't matter. I just need to hop  back on the wagon. Thankfully, you fall ass-over-tea kettle off the wagon, it stops and waits for you to climb back on. I am working toward doing just that...finally.
What really got me motivated was when my honey pointed out that I was cheating a lot with foods I was previously avoiding--ice cream, pasta, etc. He wasn't mean, just stated a fact. At first, I was defensive, but that's because it was true and I was hurt that I'd slipped so much that he'd noticed. I knew I'd slipped and was struggling to get my behavior back in line where it should be. He was the push I needed to say to myself, "this is not acceptable."

It was Saturday when he said he'd noticed my eating had gone off course.

Sunday, I decided to go for a walk, which was 40 minutes long and 1.78 miles. Not bad, since I had not been on a walk in about a month. We had two weeks of really hot weather here that prevented much outside activity, but the other two weeks were all my fault. The walk aggravated my old tendinitis issues in my right hip, but I figure that just means the tendon was under worked and then overworked, so I need to keep it stretched and walking far more regularly.

Today, Monday, I have tracked all of my food and am currently 120 calories under my 1,000 allowed calories (per Nutritionist) and I am about to go for a walk with my mom. That will last at least 40 minutes.

The track and the walking are both "steps" in the right direction. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment