Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Popcorn, Take 1!

I haven't had popcorn since before my surgery, so at least six months ago. For whatever reason, lately I want it (I blame it on the new job where the breakroom always smells like it). Redenbacher's has a 94% fat free butter popcorn and I bought it tonight.

Since I haven't had it post-op, I didn't want the trial run to be while I was at work. So, I'm testing out whether I can tolerate it now. Wish me luck!

Taste wise, it's a little dry, but it's also not dripping in extra butter like I use to make it. Taste isn't bad. I can taste a hint of butter, which is all I need.

Can't have the best of both worlds with food. I can have a modified version and keep my calorie count in check or I can have it just as I did before along with the weight/health troubles. I'll stick with the first option, TYVM!

Besides, if I can eat and keep it down, there are tons of no cal/low cal powders that can be put on to add flavors. We modify our protein shakes to make them as good as possible. I say, "why not popcorn?!" :P

ETA: I forgot to reveal the results of my pcorn experiment. It stayed down just fine--no pain, funny feelings, vomiting, or anything negative. Now, the problem is that I have to keep my portions to a cup, not all 7.5 in the bag! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment