Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Oh, you want to see what a 100 lb loss does to upper arms?

Arm Blub 7/9/12


If my arm is down, the upper arm skin actually hangs and covers my elbow. *blech!* Hate it. My arms were always extra big, so this isn't a surprise that I have all that sagging skin. I'm told some of it will shrink up in the next year, but I doubt that it will be enough because the inside of my arms are covered in stretchmarks. That part of my skin won't shrink much.

Now, the question is: how long do I wait before I consider having those Flying Squirrel/Grandma Wings clipped? Hmmm? I am thinking a year from now, giving the skin time to shrink as much as it will and for me to lose more weight/fat.

I'm not usually the first person to jump at the idea of plastic surgery, but, for this, it is something I would consider. My legs are saggy and so is my stomach, but no one but me and Travis see that. Travis is fine with how I am. My arms, however, are something that lots of people see. Makes me self conscious. What's the point of going through my GBP surgery if I make it near to my goal and still feel I need to hide myself? None.

Plus, it's really annoying having one's upper arm skin slap a breast when sweeping the floor.

1 comment:

  1. love your blog, it's nice to hear from someone doing the same thing I am. I am 50 days out from my Roux-N-Y, Lost 34 lbs. I'm sorta a neighbor. I live in Bemidji MN about 6 hours away. Carol (clcunningham at midco.net)

    ReplyDelete