Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Small Rant

I'm not losing weight lately. In fact, I've gained a pound. This is starting to irk me.

The problem is that, after I lost a few pounds, I started to obsess about food, thinking about it all the time.

Same thing happened around 2002, when I dropped 30 pounds without really trying. As soon as I realized that I had lost weight, then I started worrying about keeping it off and the foods I
should and shouldn't eat. If I'm thinking about it, then I want to eat it.

I'm not so sure how to get over this.

If I have WLS, I have to pay close attention to my food--far closer than I am now. Will that just make me gain more, making the WLS a huge waste of money and a totally unnecessary risk?

I do know that part of my current problem is that I'm off my anxiety/depression meds. I become more obsessive about things without the meds and I also get down on myself, which leads to
mood eating.

Bah! I wish weight loss wasn't such a psychological pain in my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment