Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

SV and an NSV

Scale Victory:

As of the beginning of tonight's work shift, I've lost 26.4 lbs.

I never wrote it down, but my personal mini goal was always to hit a loss of 25 lbs. I'd be at 23 or 24, but couldn't quite hit my goal. Tonight, I hit it was 1.4 lbs to spare. :)

Non-Scale Victory:

Besides hitting the 25 pound mark, I finished all of my group therapy appointments for my GB pre-op program. Can't even express how happy I am about that.

Those appointments should have taken 12 weeks. Honestly, I think it took me more like 18-20 to finish because I missed so many, due to either being so tired from working a 12 hour shift or
because I worked the night of the meeting. I thought they'd never end!

The meetings themselves were good. Getting to know other people going through what I am going through was beneficial. The people, especially the ones near the end, were fantastic to
talk to. We could laugh and joke and then also get serious when we needed to. Between the people and the material covered, I learned a lot. It was just the time of day that sucked and made it so hard for me to get there.

Now, I can sleep until a decent time on Wednesdays-- 5 PM, preferably. This makes me very happy. 3rd shift people need their sleep too!

No comments:

Post a Comment