Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

My uterus is The Hulk

I get a Depo shot every three months. The purpose is that I should not get pregnant for at least a year and a half after my surgery. Until then, what I can eat is not enough to sustain me AND a growing baby.

One of the positive side effects, especially for someone like me who has a uterus with a mind of its own, is that the shot should keep away visits from Evil Aunt Flo. God, how I wish that were true.

I had my second shot on January 6th. Since before then, I've been spotting and now I'm up to light Evil Aunt Flo. Add nasty cramps to this and I'm sort of miserable.

No, this isn't the worst that I've ever dealt with. I had a heavy period for three months at one point. I had an ovarian cyst too, that left me cramps that doubled me over every five minutes. That lasted nearly a month. Even with this not being comparatively horrible, I'm kind of whiny about it because it shouldn't be happening! I should be Aunt Flo free, damn it!

Part of the problem is that I'm losing weight so fast, releasing a bunch of estrogen from my fat cells. My body is flooded with the hormone, sending my cycle into a tail spin.

Even with the estrogen flooding/fast weight loss, I hope this resolves itself soon. My uterus is the frickin' Hulk and I don't like it when it's angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment