Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Eating little isn't easy

A week or so ago, I said that I feel like I'm cheating, because I don't feel hungry very often. Now, on the flip side, it does feel good when someone sees what I eat--the small amounts--and says, "I don't think I'd have the restraint to stop there." That is a comment on what I'm actually doing, which is keeping good control on what I eat and how much.

Yes, my body does have a "reminder" if I do screw up (vomiting and pain), but I haven't triggered it in a while. When I have cravings, I ride them out, knowing that I usually only obsess about a food for about 20 minutes. After that, I'm good again. I do not eat more than 3.10 oz at a meal. I'm not letting my moods dictate what and how much I eat.

I'm making changes and sticking with the new behaviors. That is something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment