Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Five pounds down!

I'm so excited--I've lost five pounds!

In the grand scheme of what I need to lose, it's not much. It's only about 3% of what I need to lose to even be 150 pounds (at 5'1", that's still overweight). However, it's awesome to see that I CAN lose weight. For so long, it's felt like that wasn't even a possibility.

As I state in my blog title, this is a journey. Journeys don't always go the same speed. Sometimes you fall behind or even get lost. Right now, my path is clear and seems to be going along at a good clip. When things get tough, I can look back at this and remind myself that the path is still there--it may be covered in the wrappers of the candy bars I consoled myself with when I was lost and felt like I should give up--I just need to work hard to see it and keep moving forward.
I can't say enough about how helpful MFP (MyFitnessPal.com) has been.

I am a person that needs notes and reminders to keep my life in order. If it's not written down, it isn't going to happen. Being able to plug in my food/exercise and have it right there for me to see has made this so much easier.

I started using the diary has a way to get a baseline of what I normally eat. I didn't intend to modify my eating habits yet, but I have, somewhat. It's too easy to lie to one's self when things aren't on paper (or, in this case, on webpage) and having my food intake shown in black and white has made a world of difference for me. Hell, I've barely exercised, but I'm still losing weight.

I make choices about quality and quantity that I wouldn't have even thought about a few weeks ago, because I felt overwhelmed by trying to figure things out manually. The MFP diaries made
things much simpler and allowed me to take my first steps toward being at a healthier weight. Being accountable with the right tools gives me control where I use to feel I had none. I'm so thankful that I friend mentioned this website. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment