Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

NYE plans

Mom keeps having these small moments where she offers me food or a drink out of habit. I'm fine with that. It's not like she's waving cookies in front of me saying, "oooh, wouldn't this taste good...!"** I usually just say that I can't have it and she makes this funny oops/flinch face and we move on.

Tonight, my mom's boyfriend was on the phone with her and was double checking their plans for New Year's Eve. They're going to dinner, as is their usual tradition.

I guess he asked if my fiance and I wanted to go and she said that she'd check with me, not wanting to put me on the spot. After she hung up, she asked me and I said I'd talk to my Honey and get back to her tonight.

I then made a comment about how Travis can't complain, because I am a pretty cheap dinner date now. As soon as I said that, mom got this "OMG!" look on her face and said, "I didn't even think of that!" She was all embarassed for asking us out to dinner when I can't eat (much). I laughed.

I'm not sure if that means she wouldn't have asked me to go if she'd remembered or if it's just th idea she forgot again. I hope it's the second one, because I still like to go out and hang with people, even if I'm just going to have part of a plain baked potato. I'll make do and have a good time doing it.

**My Honey has done that and he has been told that each of those instances will keep him from having sex again for an additional day past my surgical recovery time. He's stopped quickly, ending up with three extra days on his celebacy sentance. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment