Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Two Week Anniversary

Today is my two week anniversary of the surgery. I'm doing well. Still only a little pain, which, when your organs are rearranged and/or cut in half, I figure that's appropriate for a while.

It doesn't see like two weeks, that's for sure. Been too busy swinging like a pendulum between, "oooh, I get to eat again!" and "please, dear God, don't make it time to eat again!" Learning to
prepare and eat foods that my new system requires and will accept seems to have been a full time job.

Today is Day 10 since my parole from the hospital. I still have adhesive all over my abdomen, though the pads that were given to me at my last appointment, which smell like gasoline and feel like baby oil, have helped. Some stuff is too close to Steri strips and incision sites for me to be
comfortable using the pads on them.

Also ten days later, I'm still really bruised on my stomach from all the Heparin shots. It's not even close to as bad as it was, but it's still bad. Does that make sense? The diameter of the bruising, which was half my stomach is lessening, but I still have a large purple area. Ten days and I still have purple bruising rising to the surface. Crazy.

Okay, I have to go. My cat is stalking my breakfast (an egg) and I need to focus to be able to fend off the poofy, gray ninja. She's not above slapping a dirty paw on the food to claim it as her own. If she does that, the rule is that she wins, because I am NOT eating it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment