Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Plateau?

For people losing weight the more traditional method, this post may seem like a ridiculous whine and I should just be happy with what I got. Well, I'm not!

I lost about a pound a day, thanks to my surgery and my food choices. That's 7 lbs a week. This week (last Monday to today), I lost a little less than 2.5 lbs. I know my weight loss will slow down eventually, but I'm only a month and a half out of the O.R.!

This has sent me into a bit of a panic. I didn't go through that expensive, invasive surgery to help me lose 35 freakin' pounds. I wanted help losing 150 pounds!

I'm trying to remind myself that part of this could be water weight (my cycle is sooo messed up that it could be nearing TOM and I have no idea) or it could just be an off week. Something occurring once (in this case, a slow loss) is not a pattern and therefore no reason to freak out.--unfortunately, my anxiety laughs at my attempt at logic.


ETA (2/4/12 @ 6:21 PM CST): Per the great advice of some other post-op patients on My Fitness Pal, I decided to relax and not worry about the lack of weight loss. My body was probably holding onto the weight because, A) it's in panic after a month and a half of eating so small; and B) because I was stressing so much over the weight.

After I hit the gym and jogged in the water for a long time, which is weirdly relaxing, and just having a good day yesterday, I woke up today to 2 less pounds. Talk about quick turn around! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment