Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

An adventure in trying new foods

Trying a new food today--Arnold's Sandwhich Thins. I can't have bread (too sticky), but I can have toast right now. I haven't had toast yet. A regular sized piece seems like a whole lot of food to me at the moment, so I opted for half a sandwhich thin, toasted.

I cut it in half after toasting, flopped on two pieces of Oscar Meyer Cajun Chicken lunch meat, a sprinkle of mozzarella, and a very small smear of Kraft Lite Mayo and dijon mustard. I made a little sammich with 9 grams of protein and it was yummy!

Now, we wait. Will the expanding toast make me fell yacky? Right now, ten minutes after finishing, I feel fine, but only time will tell. I hope it doesn't bother me.

This is, of course, why the nutritionist and surgeon both say to try new foods at home, not out in public. If my system can't yet tolerate the new food, things good get painful and all vomity. That, as I learned with the Driveway Incident, can be embarassing.

Edited to add: It's been an hour and a half without issues. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment