Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Parched

I'm having water issues--I'm not getting enough. I sleep funny, random hours, which takes away from my drinking time, and I have to wait an hour after each meal to drink anything.

The Nutritionist recommends a half hour of no fluids after each meal, but that's just not enough time for me. If I drink before a full hour is up, I usually feel overstuffed (it's a nasty feeling that lasts several hours). I must need more time to process my food than her average patient.

I just ate a little while ago and I'm very thirsty. I want to down a bunch of water right now, but I have to wait until my hour is up. When I can drink again, I cannot drink any faster than normal, which is sips, or risk filling up my stomach too quickly. That would give me the same feeling as when I drink too close to a meal.

Dehydration is a real concern. It messes with the body's ability to function on a very basic level and it will cause nausea, making it even harder to get in the necessary protein. It's just so hard to be focused on water, protein, meal planning, calculating wait times between meals/water, do house work, go to my job, etc., etc. all the damn time. I've been picking my battles as they roll around, but that may not be an option. Just have to suck it up and do it all.

Only 15 more minutes until I can drink something. Until then, I will just sit here and smack my lips like an old lady who is missing her dentures.

No comments:

Post a Comment