Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Food envy

I'm suffering from food envy--I want a cheeseburger, Mountain Dew, chocolate, spaghetti, buttered bread, a salad, and at least twelve other things. I blame my birth control shot that I received today. That seems to be the pattern when I get it. Normally, I can indulge within reason. Not so much now.

I'm also PMSing, so I'm really quite whiny about how I feel physically and emotionally and regarding all of these cravings. My whines are mostly of the "I'm so freakin' tired of tuna and fish for protein!" and I'm missing carbs/bread like nothing else.

So, I'm trying something new. I doubt it's Nutritionist approved for this point in my recovery, but it's either try this or gorge on chocolate. ...

I opted to buy very small tortillas, turkey and chicken lunch meat, and Laughing Cow lite herb and garlic cheese. I can make a small grilled "sandwich" with one tortilla, a serving of lunch meat, and one half of a LC cheese wedge for 10 grms of protein and 3 oz of food.

Even though I made a poor man's panini, the tortilla is still pretty soft. I'm hoping the carbs will be tolerated by my system and I can do this again if need be. Time will tell.

If I don't have a repeat of the driveway incident, I have fat free sour cream and mild taco sauce to change up the flavor.


ETA (5:18 AM): I want a repeat of the driveway incident! <--- Just as I completed writing my previous sentence, I had to run the bathroom to (sorry!) vomit. My wish was granted!

I'm generally anti-vomiting. Years of migraines that gave me motion-sickness-like symptoms has made me a huge baby about this kind of thing, but I was feeling awful. Still am, just not as full/over full/blah.

Absolutely no more tortillas (or laughing cow cheese, but, for now, I'll assume it was the tortilla) for a while. I'm swearing them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment