Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Depo Difficulties

The day after tomorrow (March 24), I am due to get my next birth control shot. I'm a little torn on how excited I am about this.

On the plus side, it will hopefully FINALLY stop my period. This is my third shot. One would hope that, after three, the beast would be tamed.

I'm on week number two, right now, of having my period (not just spotting!) while on a birth control that is famous for getting rid of a woman's period. I'm so beyond special. I'm praying this next shot makes me a little less special. Sometimes, it's good to be average. :)

On the negative side, for a week after I get it, I will want to eat everything in sight, whether I'm hungry or not.

Lately, I've been fighting the compulsion to eat anyway. I'll admit I've been over my calories a few times this last week. I haven't eaten bad things, just too often. That's though to fight without the BC shot egging me on. But, I've found that these cravings or compulsions come and go. I'll just have to get my self psyched up to fight them. It so nice out that I'll have to make myself go for a walk or something.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail, right? So, I'm planning to keep active in some way shape or form. I'll walk, I have a new Wii exercise game that I can play (though I'm a little scared after I hurt my shoulder playing Wii tennis. Sad, right? LOL), and I have my Kindle loaded with good books. My new motto should be "Do."

No comments:

Post a Comment