Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Mash Up (rambles)

I ran into another post-oper tonight. She had her surgery four years ago and was someone I'd contacted prior to going into the pre-op program.

We were talking and I mentioned how I call my/our surgeon "Dr. PeopleSkills" because he doesn't have any. I feel validated, because she agreed! She said she dreads going to see him. I'm glad it's not just me, though I hate that he treats others that way.


I know I already mentioned that I went swimming on Saturday, but I forgot to say that I must be getting a lot of loose skin from losing quickly, because I could really feel stuff move when I was jogging. That is NOT a pleasant feeling. Weird is probably the best description.

I didn't like it at all until I thought about the fact that that skin use to be packed with fat. It's loose because I lost. That's not a bad thing and it'll shrink up.


Unrelated to my health journey... I think my cat is getting another UTI. She's pretty needy right now and yells a lot. It's been a year since the last one, so I can't complain too much. It use to be a quarterly occurrence.

Now, I have to try to get a urine sample from her. That’s an exercise in futility. That cat holds urine like a camel holds water. I’ve been trying for four years to get one. The closest I came was when she peed on the vet’s floor. <--I laughed. The vet didn't.

I would seriously pay someone to do this for me! I know I'll spend my three days off of work trying to keep her locked in a room with an empty litter box. Problem is, I feel bad for her and let her out too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment