Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Schnapps-like protein shakes?! Yes, please!

I can't drink. Well, I could, but I'd be loaded really quick, as my surgery has changed my absorption of alcohols.

I can't tell you how much I miss Peppermint Schnapps**, so imagine my joy when I opened my big new bottle of DaVinci Gourmet Sugar Free Peppermint Syrup and realized it smells just like my beloved schnapps! Who's protein shakes are going to taste like fun (fun that won't give me alcohol poisoning)?! That's right, mine!


ETA: I accidentally used too much the first time I put this in my protein shake. Waaaaay too sweet. Today's shake is a much better success. My Carnation shakes are chocolate and I added a half pump of peppermint, adding just a hint of flavor. Yummy chocolate peppermint.

**I'm not an alcoholic, I swear! I rarely drank before my surgery, but, when I did go out with friends, I always started off with a yummy Peppermint Schnapps shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment