Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Another day, another yucky feeling

Going to bed now, without getting two-thirds of my daily protein requirements in, because I feel yucky.

I tried eating less food at my dinner meal, without improvement. I could stay up and try to get in another protein shake, making me 17 grams short instead of 20 grams, but trying to get the thicker liquid into already unhappy stomach just seems foolish.

I'm actually just going to take a nap, not pass out for the night. My plan is to wake up and go grocery shopping, getting plenty of protein-rich foods. I need to find some way to get my protein in and my current food supply, which certainly needs replenishing, is sorely lacking.

Sleeping a couple or a few hours may help me move toward my old sleep schedule, which I really need to get back on. I start work again in less than a week.

I was suppose to do three 12-hour shifts right off the bat when I came back to work, but my awesome boss recognized that would be pretty hard on me. She asked me if it was okay if she tried to get the person who was working my shifts while I was on FMLA to work one of those 12 hour shifts next week. I agreed and so did my replacement. I am very happy to say that he took my Thursday shift.

Now, I'm just stuck with Tuesday and Wednesday, giving me an extra day to recoup after my first week back. Uses up more of my PTO, but I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment