Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

NYE Dinner/My face is shrinking (with pics)

Happy 2012! Okay, so I'm a bit early. I'm getting old, you know--I am 32!--and will be getting my butt to bed right around midnight.

Tonight, I went out to dinner with my honey, my mom, her honey, and some of his siblings. I enjoyed it, but I was having food envy issues.

Everyone was enjoying the buffet, their prime rib dinners, and the complimentary fresh bread and butter while I had to search the menu for something that I may be able to eat. Turned into a $20 broiled walleye dinner with a plain baked potato.

I didn't know the difference between baked fish and broiled. Broiled apparently has some oil it's cooked in and then poured over the top. Can't have oils...most anyway. Made me nervous about eating any of the fish. I had what I think was about 2 oz without issue (thankfully!). I ate little of the baked potato without anything added. Would rather have had prime rib and bread slathered in whipped butter. [insert whiny whimper]

I may have been able to have some lean steak, but I didn't want to push it. I know my stomach (technically, I have two of them now, but I mean the one that actually gets food in it) can generally handle fish without issue. Steak, even if very tender, would be a new experience and one I wouldn't want to have in public -- see yesterday's entry involving my friend's driveway for a very good reason why I try new things at home only.

It was kind of amusing when the waitstaff came back after we ate and asked me if my meal was okay, because it looked like I barely touched it. Shoot, those fillets will last me for several meals. I'll send up throwing one away after getting at last three more meals out of the other.

ETA:
The other day, at my post-op group therapy meeting, the facilitator kept going on about how much thinner my face is. My honey also commented on it later that night. I didn't see it...until now.

Here's a pic showing how I looked with I started the pre-op program in April and how I looked tonight, when I was getting ready to go out for New Years. I can certainly see a difference in my chin and neck area. Also, my dimples are showing a little more.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment