Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Ambition and swimsuits

I hate walking on a treadmill or outside. Too little stimulation visually to keep me from thinking about how bored I am and how much I hate walking.

With that in mind, I find it odd that I am considering raising money and walking in AIDS Walk Wisconsin in October of this year. It's a 5 K walk. That's what? Little over three miles? Considering that, by then, I should be down about 100 lbs, I think I'll be fine.

I walked AWW in 1999/2000. It wasn't easy for me, but I finished! This year, I'll be lighter than I was at that time.

I'll walk with team, so it's not like I won't have things to distract me from all that walking around the Wisconsin Summer Fest grounds. Plus, I'll have my nifty little iPod (I found the missing charger!). I'll also have nine months to train myself to walk that far, which for normal people isn't that far really. No need for an NFL training camp or anything, just get my ass moving.

Gosh, this physical ambition stuff is new. Not sure how to handle it. :p


Oh, I bought a new swimsuit today! It's a cheap $15 thing from Wal-Mart, but I'm excited. It's a little smaller than my old one AND both of my breasts will stay in it, as it has a high neck. No more nearly flashing the old dudes who swim the same time I do.

My old suit was flattering and I loved it, but keeping my boobs in it was a problem. It wasn't designed for swimming laps or water walking.

The new one will arrive (bought online) within a day or two of me being able to swim again post-op. The doc restricted my swimming for a month. I love to swim, so I'm very excited to get back at.

No comments:

Post a Comment