Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I've had Ibuprofen and caffeine tonight. I am going to Gastric Bypass Hell for breaking several Commandments, but I'd do it again!




When I was a little girl, I would get migraines that would make me dizzy. They're called ocular migraines, meaning symptoms effect the eyes (black spots, partial loss of vision, or, in my case, motion sickness/dizziness.). The feeling of being dizzy was sometimes so strong that I couldn't walk across a room. To rise from a sitting position to standing would send my head spinning. Mostly, I could sit still and not feel like the Earth was going to buck me off, but not always. Any of these activities, at any given moment, could make me so dizzy that I would vomit violently.




I've mostly grown out of having this type of migraine, but I was gifted with one tonight.




I'm constantly slightly dizzy, but I get hit with strong waves of it too from time to time. I'm at work, so I can't just sleep it off. I tried calling my supervisor so I could go home, but she wouldn't answer the phone. As a last resort, I've had a couple tablets of Ibu (not my first choice, but a girl has to take what she can get her hands on), and, when that didn't work, I tried a cup of black tea, which has caffeine.




Pain relievers and caffeine are big no-nos in my bariatric surgery program. From Day One, it's drilled in that pain relievers and caffeine can create ulcers in the "new" stomach. Well, I had 4 oz of yogurt with my Ibu to protect my stomach and I seriously doubt my first half cup of anything containing caffeine since my surgery is going to wreck anything.




Truthfully, the caffeine and Ibu didn't help. I'd do it again though if there was a possibility of it helping. I'll abstain most days, but a migraine is the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment