Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My nutritionist gave me the okay to eat raw veggies! I'm so excited! It gets hard eating pretty much just protein every day. I like variety.

I've been craving a salad since my surgery four and a half months ago. So, that's what I had tonight--cottage cheese, lettuce, grape tomatoes, alfalfa sprouts, and Kraft Zesty Italian Lite dressing. Yum! The cool part was that the whole salad, including the cottage cheese and dressing came to 51 calories (I eat small. lol).

The Nutritionist reviewed a few days worth of my food diaries and told me I'm doing great. She approves of what I'm eating completely. That was a relief, because I always worry about that.

She said I should continue as I am, though I can go as high as 1000 calories a day, instead of 800. I'm going to try to stick to 900 or less for now though. I can also have up to 6 oz at a time, instead of 4 oz. I think I'll play that by ear, depending on what I am eating and it's nutritional content.

In all, it was a great visit. I'm very happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment